PRO® (a division of BAF Industries) needed to replace their disparate DOS based systems with an integrated and automated way to take their complex chemical formulations from raw materials and manufacture through to shipping and delivery.
PRO® (a division of BAF Industries), develops, manufactures, and distributes professional car care products. The PRO® Distributor Network has more than 300 distributors in the U.S. and internationally. PRO® is headquartered in Santa Ana, California, and has another facility in Florence, Kentucky
PRO® has a very complex manufacturing process involving intricate chemical formulations. Maintaining efficient inventory levels is vital to profitability. Additionally, shipping chemical products domestically and internationally requires the production of detailed shipping documentation
PRO® needed a system to:
- Manage unit of measurement conversions in the production process for accurate and effective costing.
- Provide real-time views of inventory for efficient purchasing.
- Automate the generation of appropriate shipping documents, such as Material Safety Data Sheets, for a variety of chemical products.
- Improve inter-site communication between the California and Kentucky locations.
The Adaxa team offered the solution by providing:
- Data migration from a legacy system to ADempiere.
- Insightful business analysis of PRO®s business requirements, for a best-fit system.
- Substantial system customizations, made cost effective by using open source technology.
- Unified software integrating both PRO® locations.
PRO® received a highly customized, open source system without paying the high cost of proprietary system licensing fees.
Other benefits are:
- Increased efficiency in production, maintained inventory levels, purchasing and shipping.
- Expansion of operations in the Kentucky facility.
- Potential for future growth from a stable system platform.